Almost every replacement Student Senate seat was approved unanimously at Tuesday’s Senate meeting.

The two exceptions were Conrad Cole, a graduate senator, and Robert McCall, a District D Summer A replacement senator. McCall was not approved because of “conduct issues with the university,” said Senate President Pro Tempore Joseph Michaels. Cole was not approved because he isn't taking classes this summer.

“They were ineligible for their seats,” said Sen. Katie Backstrand.

Summer A senators unanimously approved block upon block of senate seats for the summer, including executive secretaries, cabinet directors, permanent replacements and Summer A replacements.

The rest of the senate session was dedicated to new senator orientation. The senators viewed videos, reviewed parliamentary procedure and practiced passing a mock bill advocating for the selection of bacon as “the University of Florida Student Senate(‘s)...official sundae topping.”

"Public debate is the most important procedure in Student Senate because it allows every student at the University of Florida to speak their mind for at least one minute," Michaels said.

Correction: In a story that ran online Thursday, the Alligator incorrectly said that Conrad Cole, an aspiring graduate senator, was not chosen because of “conduct issues with the university.” Cole was not selected because he will not be taking classes this summer.