<p>"<span><a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/keithallison/3347882423/in/photolist-6KhtGV-66QNbX-6KmAxy-66PKNt-66V5Dh-66V49b-6KmD4f-6Khvgg-66QMAz-66QN9r-66QN7i-6hocm6-66QMZr-66QMR4-66QM7n-66QM5c-66V4rU-66QLNK-5P5Js9-66QMMB-5P6k7N-5P2cm2-5P65Co-5P2auk-66Q26V-66PRyk-66PRFM-66Q6Qn-ikrE7C-ikuMGF-66QLXV-66V4zu-6hsmFG-66QLBa-66V4pS-kPVTW8-kPWJVw-ikt6eZ-66UbTQ-ikrDA4-6wa7ti-eJyWgw-66V3W7-cxxReh-eEtve8-kPVkKp-kPY9TE-nttHs8-6TofT-b8F1B4" target="_blank">Chris Paul</a>" by <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/keithallison/" target="_blank">Keith Allison</a>, used under <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/" target="_blank">CC BY-SA 2.0</a></span></p>

"Chris Paul" by Keith Allison, used under CC BY-SA 2.0

In the history of the NBA, no era has had as many great point guards as there are today. Some point guards stand above the rest and these rankings show exactly who is the best of the best.

Chris Paul- The Los Angeles guard has been the best point guard in the NBA since Steve Nash started his decline. He is one of the best leaders in the game and is the best all-around point guard in the NBA.  He led the league in assists three times, in steals six times, and averages 18.6 points per game (ppg) for his career.  He will likely go down as one of the best point guards in history.

Stephen Curry- Many doubted Curry’s ability to play point guard when he first came into the league; most saw him as an undersized shooting guard but he has since quieted his critics. He could be considered the best shooter of all time and has great creativity when it comes to distributing the ball.  His defense has improved greatly during his time in the NBA. While he needs to work on keeping his turnovers down, his offensive firepower outweighs his negatives.

Tony Parker- Parker may be the hardest player to place on this list.  Every year in the playoffs people see how great Parker is, but they tend to forget about him during the regular season.  Parker is someone whose greatness doesn’t necessarily come up in the stat line, watch him play for a few minutes however and you will see his raw talent. He never stops moving on offense, which makes him one of the hardest players in the NBA to guard. Parker is also the key to the well-oiled machine that is the Spurs offense.

Russell Westbrook- Westbrook is another player that is difficult to place on this list.  He gets so much criticism for being a “ball hog” people tend to forget how talented a player he is.  He averaged over 20 ppg for his career and almost 7 assists, which is a lot for someone who has a reputation for not passing the ball.  He is a disruptive defender and the best athlete in the league at point guard.  He can improve on his shot selection, but he is an incredible player.

John Wall- Wall is a player who is poised to climb this list in years to come.  He and Bradley Beal form arguably the best young backcourt in the league and are only going to improve in years to come. Wall averaged 19 ppg and almost 9 assists per game this year and he still has plenty of room to improve.  He has the work ethic to improve his jump shot and if he does that, he could make a case for number one point guard in the league in a few years time.

Honorable Mention- Damian Lillard, Goran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, Mike Conley, Ty Lawson, Kyle Lowry