Man wanted in connection with Spanish Trace shooting

UPDATE: Gainesville Police has announced Gerald Hall has been captured, with details to come.

In conjunction with the incident that occurred Wednesday at the Spanish Trace Apartments, another individual is said to be involved and is currently wanted by Gainesville Police .

Gerald Arthur Hall, 43, is wanted for questioning for armed kidnapping and attempted murder. 

Hall, a 150 lb 5’8” build, is aware that he is wanted and should be considered armed and dangerous, according to a GPD email flyer.

Hall was interviewed at the scene during the initial incident, but GPD did not have any information pinning him with involvement.

Hall and the shooting suspect, Lorenzo Fitzpatrick, had apparently been drinking all day. When an ongoing dispute arose between the two men and residents of apartment 11, later victims of the shooting. 

Before police were called, Hall and Fitzpatrick allegedly entered Apartment 11 and held the two shooting victims and their two children at gunpoint for over an hour, GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias wrote in an email. Both Hall and Fitzpatrick threatened to kill all four.

Fitzpatrick asked Hall to go get more beer. When Hall left the shooting occurred, Tobias said.

After speaking with the victims of the shooting, Fitzpatrick was going to chase after them but instead retreated into the apartment once a GPD officer arrived.

Details about why officials want this man are not available and will be released later, Tobias said. 

He was last seen on foot in the area of Windmeadows Boulevard and Southwest 34th Street and is said to frequent Spanish Trace apartments and Ridgemar Commons. He was last seen wearing a black shirt with black/gray sweatpants.

Officials advise to not approach Hall if located, just to call 911 immediately.

To read the first story, please go here: Spanish Trace shooting suspect found dead after injuring two