Two men jumped an officer after fighting near Shuck Raw Bar and Seafood Restaurant early Saturday morning.

Gainesville Police arrested and charged local brothers Richard James Shaw, 27, and Christopher Lee Shaw, 32, for battery on an officer and fighting in a public place.

The officer found Richard and Christopher fighting near Midtown. She tried to break up the fight, but Richard turned around and pushed her with both hands, according to the report. He then grabbed the officer’s left upper arm with his left hand. 

“As (the officer) tried to detain him he shoved her with two open hands in her chest to get away,” GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias wrote in an email.  

When the officer was handcuffing Richard on the ground, Christopher “jumped on her back and began hitting her in an effort to free his brother,” Tobias said. “With the assistance from the Shucks bouncers, (the officer) was able to restrain (Christopher) also,” Tobias said. 

After questioning, both Richard and Christopher had nothing to say. 

Officers booked Richard into the Alachua County Jail on Saturday at 2:14 a.m. He was released Sunday at 12:42 a.m. after meeting bond.

Officers also booked Christopher into the Alachua County Jail on Saturday at 2:42 a.m. He was released Saturday at 8:06 p.m. after meeting bond. 

[A version of this story ran on page 5 on 7/22/2014 under the headline "Brothers arrested in Midtown brawl"]