<p>Coach Roland Thornqvist looks down the courts of the Ring Tennis Complex during Florida's 4-0 win against Louisville on Aug. 25.</p>

Coach Roland Thornqvist looks down the courts of the Ring Tennis Complex during Florida's 4-0 win against Louisville on Aug. 25.

On Monday, Florida announced the addition of a slightly more experienced player to its young and talented roster.

Sophomore Spencer Liang, a transfer from Harvard, will join the Gators for the upcoming fall season.

Liang compiled a 17-14 overall singles record last year while primarily competing at the No. 1 position. The Potomac, Maryland native was unranked in singles play, but finished the season as part of the nation’s No. 61 doubles team alongside ex-Harvard teammate Monica Lin.

Liang was also named second team All-Ivy League and will look to add depth to an even younger version of last year’s Florida group.

“Spencer is the final piece of the puzzle,” coach Roland Thornqvist said in a release. “Not only is she one of the best players in the country, but her character and work ethic are exactly what we’re looking for to enhance our team from an athletic standpoint and in the locker room as well.”

Liang will join returning sophomores Kourtney Keegan, Belinda Woolcock, Stefani Stojic and junior Brianna Morgan as Florida’s oldest players.

The Gators have also received commitments from incoming freshmen Brooke Austin, Josie Kuhlman and Peggy Porter. Austin, the headliner of Florida’s top-ranked 2014 recruiting class, was the No. 1 high school player in the nation and was heavily recruited by Georgia, North Carolina and Northwestern.

For the second consecutive year, the Gators will have three freshmen on their roster as they look to improve on last season’s early exits from the Southeastern Conference and NCAA tournament.

Follow Ian Cohen on Twitter @ibcohen5