Gainesville Police arrested a High Springs man after fleeing a traffic stop, crashing into a light pole and running on foot Tuesday morning. 

Officers charged 22-year-old Fabian Bashawn Jennings on resisting arrest, fleeing an officer, failure to leave information with property damage and driving with a suspended license, according to a GPD police report.  

On Tuesday at about 2:33 a.m., GPD attempted to stop the driver, Jennings, for not stopping at a stop sign and improper tag lighting, according to the report. 

Jennings then sped up after seeing the officer’s flashing lights. 

Jennings drove the car into the University Commons apartment complex and crashed into a light pole, according to the report. 

Jennings then ran from the crash as the officer followed on foot. 

The officer shouted commands to stop, according to the report. 

Jennings ignored the commands and was eventually caught with the help of a K-9. 

Officers booked Jennings into the Alachua County Jail on Tuesday at about 6:03 a.m. 

As of press time his bond is set at $40,000. 

[A version of this story ran on page 4 on 7/31/2014 under the headline "High Springs man flees police, crashes into pole"]