From the bar area to the stripper poles, Uber Promotions is offering a party before the party with its new party bus.

The 40-passenger bus will have wrap-around seating, a sound system, one LED TV, a DVD player, two stripper poles (dancers not included), a drink area and more, said Mike Farzad, one of the co-owners of Uber Promotions.

The bus will be available to whomever can afford it. Farzad said he and his partner, Joey Friedman, expect UF alumni during game days and for weddings. He also expects sororities and fraternities and those interested in downtown nightlife.

He said they expect clientele from ages 21 to 60 years old.

Rates start at $150 per hour, and unlike other party bus companies, it will not require a minimum number of riders. He said one-way transfers for a group of 40 would cost $6 a person, making them cheaper than some cab companies.

“We want to allow the option of a group of 20-30 people who are downtown to not have to each individually pay cabs,” he said. “We’re open to picking everybody up so they’re not forced to pay $500 or $600 for that hour.”

Farzad said that the stripper poles provide entertainment when the bus is stopped and help passengers gain their balance when getting on and off the bus.

He said services will run mainly in Gainesville, but they will also offer day trips to cities fewer than two-and-a-half hours away, like Orlando or Jacksonville.

This means that if a party were to visit a theme park and pay for a day of service, the bus would stay in the park’s location.

Farzad said he wants to promote safety with the new bus and hopes to be able to curb drunk driving. They decided to buy the bus to fulfill a need of their customers and the community, he said.

He said compared to other services such as SNAP, UF’s Student Nighttime Auxiliary Patrol, and cabs, the party bus will allow bigger groups to get around without having to take multiple trips.

Farzad said the bus is licensed and insured, and the company has several experienced drivers.

The outside of the bus is black with the Uber Promotions logo and contact information, he said.

Alyssa Allen, a 21-year-old UF senior finance major and the social chair of UF’s Delta Delta Delta sorority, said she could see her organization using the party bus for its functions if prices fit the budget.

“Party buses are notorious for fun adventures and would be a great start to any night,” she said.

She said she likes the idea because it gets rid of the designated driver and no one has to worry about how they’re getting to and from their destination.

Allen said that the wraparound seating on the party bus will also make the idea more appealing because on the buses they usually take to functions, there are 2 rows on either side that don’t allow for a group atmosphere.

She added the fact that pledge rides, where fraternity pledges have to be designated drivers for social events, have been prohibited by the school. She said with this rule in place, she thinks party buses will become much more popular.

Gainesville Police spokesman Officer Ben Tobias said, “Anything that would prevent people from drinking and driving would be a good thing.”

Service on the bus began on July 19, and groups can reserve rides by calling Uber Promotions at 352-256-3338.

[A version of this story ran on page 18 on 7/31/2014 under the headline "New party bus poised for entry "]