Gainesville Police arrested a local man who pulled stun gun probes from his chest during a fight with an officer.

Preston Lopez Jackson III, 60, was arrested Monday afternoon and was charged for battery, resisting with violence and trespassing at the Food Max convenience store, located at 404 S. Main St., according to a police report.   

Police said the fight began after an employee didn’t want to serve Jackson, who was reported to be drunk.Jackson argued with the employee while an officer was nearby, according to the report. The officer told Jackson he was being arrested for trespassing after multiple warnings.

“He had to be escorted out of the business,” GPD spokesman Ben Tobias wrote in an email. The officer tried to put handcuffs on Jackson in the parking lot, according to the report. However, Jackson pulled away and hit the officer repeatedly on the wrist.   

“Jackson ignored verbal commands to get on the ground and advanced with clenched fists saying he wanted to fight,” Tobias said.

The officer used his stun gun and hit Jackson’s chest with the probes, according to the report. Jackson then ripped the probes from his chest, rendering the stun gun useless. Jackson then came at the officer again, which made the officer pull out his baton to hit him several times on the left leg and wrist, according the report.

Jackson made several threats to kill the officer, saying “This ain’t over.” Police also said he normally carries a pistol and would be looking for the officer when he gets out of jail.  

[A version of this story ran on page 11 on 7/17/2014 under the headline "Stun gun no match for Gainesville man’s chest"]