<p>Florida junior midfielder Havana Solaun fakes out a Kentucky defender during the Gators' 3-0 win against the Wildcats on Oct. 18 2013 at James G. Pressly Stadium.</p>

Florida junior midfielder Havana Solaun fakes out a Kentucky defender during the Gators' 3-0 win against the Wildcats on Oct. 18 2013 at James G. Pressly Stadium.

After playing in the comfort of home last weekend to open the season, the No. 6 Gators will take on a challenge they haven’t faced since 2012.

When Florida (2-0) matches up against Oklahoma (1-0-1) tonight at 8 for the first of two games over the weekend, it will commence a six-game road trip.

The last time the Gators had an extensive road stretch in the beginning of their schedule was in 2011when the team started the season with four matches away from James G. Pressly Stadium.

After Florida began the 2014 campaign with two home games, it won’t revisit its home turf until Sept. 26, when it faces Georgia.

“It is a challenge not to play at home,” midfielder Havana Solaun said. “At the same time it brings a little bit of excitement that makes us still play just as hard.”

In preparation for their match against the Sooners in Norman, Okla., the Gators look forward to recording the same result from last season’s meeting.

Florida defeated Oklahoma at home with ease having a trio of players finding the back of the net for a 3-0 victory.

The Sooners were 2-2 heading into that match, but this time around they come in with only a victory and a draw against two unranked opponents.

Not only does Oklahoma come in having played lower ranked opponents to begin their season, but also have to face a top-10 opponent in Florida, which is looking to correct some of the defensive problems that showed in the opening weekend.

“Every game gives us an opportunity to grow,” coach Becky Burleigh said. “We have to do some things a little bit better organizationally defensively and in terms of offensively, being a little more efficient because we are getting in good positions but we need scoring opportunities to come out of those. The game is a great teacher.”

Florida enters the weekend with two shutout victories, while Oklahoma had an easy victory over Oklahoma State, but struggled with a double overtime draw against Utah.

In addition, Sooners’ midfielder Lizzie Luallin seems to be the lone contributor on offense with a goal and assist, while Florida had three different goal scorers (Jillian Graff, Savannah Jordan, Annie Speese) in two matches.

Although UF has started with much success, Burleigh believes it’s how the team approaches their opponent that will matter.

“For us a lot of times it’s more about how do we impose our will on the team we’re playing,” Burleigh said. “That’s where we start and obviously we look at certain specific situations.”

Follow Lawrence Laguna on Twitter @LagunaLawrence