Elyse Simek prepares for a night of studying the same way every time.

Stop at Library West. Order a grande nonfat triple hazelnut macchiato at Starbucks. Walk to Marston Science Library.

However, with a Starbucks location opening up on the first floor of the library in early 2015, Simek, a 19-year-old UF exploratory engineering sophomore, will no longer have to make a pit stop.

"One of the most frequent requests we receive from students is for coffee," said Valrie Minson, Marston Science Library chairwoman. "Having coffee in the building will be both convenient and appreciated."

David Looney, associate director for the UF business services division, said a budget or timeline for completion has not yet been established.

"We’re still trying to pull together the details," he said.

The addition is a part of the Marston study space renovations, known as Collaboration Commons, which will add more than 700 seats, including 21 study rooms for students come Fall.

Steve Orlando, UF spokesman, said one advantage of having a location in the library is that students don’t have to make the trek to Library West and interrupt their studying.

"If you need Starbucks, it’s easier if it’s right there," he said.

Simek agrees.

"I think it’s a really good option if they make it open along with library hours," she said. "I know people who go to West to study solely because they can’t get coffee at any point they want to."

[A version of this story ran on page 1 on 8/5/2014 under the headline "Student Senate updates statutes, deletes positions"]