<p>UF Senators Jason Richards, left, and Bronco Vuskovich present Fall and Spring reapportionment at Tuesday night's Senate meeting.</p>

UF Senators Jason Richards, left, and Bronco Vuskovich present Fall and Spring reapportionment at Tuesday night's Senate meeting.

Student senators were quick to kick off the new school year with resolutions geared toward Fall elections at the first UF Student Senate meeting of the semester on Tuesday night.

Without any naysayers, two reapportionment bills for the Fall and Spring elections were approved. Changes in student population in on-campus and off-campus housing, as well as college enrollment, dictate the number of student senators allotted to a district, college or classification. 

Judiciary Chairman Bronco Vuskovich and Sen. Jason Richards introduced the bills along with Senate President Pro-Tempore Joseph Michaels.

“I think both bills are the most accurate description of where the seats should be,” Michaels said after the meeting.

This Fall, District A, which includes ZIP codes 32601, 32609 and 32614, gained one more senate seat for a total of 10 seats. District C, which only serves ZIP code 32607, lost one seat, dropping to six seats.

District B’s seven senate seats in ZIP codes 32603, 32605, 32606 and 32653 were unaffected, as well as District D’s 13 senators in ZIP code 32608. District E, which represents areas outside of the listed ZIP codes surrounding campus, retained its sole senate seat.

For Spring elections, Warrington College of Business Administration gained one seat, for a total of three senators. The sophomore class lost one seat, with six remaining seats left.

Supervisor of Elections Hans Rojas also presented a contingency plan for the upcoming elections. He said he worked to avoid any technical glitches that might affect voting.

The campaign season begins Tuesday. Elections will be held on Sept. 30 and Oct. 1.

[A version of this story ran on page 4 on 8/27/2014 under the headline "Student Senate passes reapportionment ]