Watch the Gators play in the Swamp

The UF Alumni Association and University Athletic Association have teamed up to host Rally in The Swamp on Aug. 24. Doors open at 7 p.m., and the event starts at 8 p.m.

Alicia Longworth, assistant athletics director for the marketing and promotions department at UAA, said a big portion of the event will consist of the UF Marching Band, UF cheerleaders and UF Dazzlers. The football team, some student athletes and coach Will Muschamp will help get students pumped up for the season opener against Idaho.

In the concourse on the east side of the stadium, students will be able to play games, win prizes and have their picture taken with Albert and Alberta.

The first 3,000 students to get a card punched at three booths will be able to pick up free Domino’s Pizza at the concession stands.

"We’re just kind of hoping that the students are excited for Gator football, they’re excited for the opportunity to get into the football stadium — just themselves — and not have any general fans," Longworth said.

Anthony Campanella, a 20-year-old UF nutritional sciences junior, said he is transferring to UF in the Fall and is looking forward to game days.

"It’s hard to come in as a junior and not be able to know the traditions that take place during game day," he said. "I’m looking forward to this pep rally so that I am able to cheer on the Gators and know the traditions beforehand."

[A version of this story ran on page 10 on 8/7/2014 under the headline "Watch the Gators play in the Swamp"]