Home football tickets on sale, new pricing hopes to meet demand

General admission tickets for the remaining home games are now on sale with new prices. 

General admission tickets prior to this season were set at $50 per game. This year, the UAA is using a new method to determine game prices.

Dan Apple, assistant communications director for the UAA, said the new prices will help meet the supply and demand for more high profile games.

Tickets for the University of South Carolina and Louisiana State University games will be set at $85.

The homecoming game against Missouri will be priced at $50, and the last home game of the season against Eastern Kentucky will cost $25.

Valery Young, a 20-year-old UF recreation and event management junior, said the change will draw more people to the games. 

“If it were my parents, they would be more likely to show up,” she said. “They will definitely sell more tickets.” 

At the game this Saturday against Kentucky, 88,000 of the about 90,000 seats were filled in the Swamp.

“Based on the current pace and sale of tickets, it is anticipated we will sell out for several of the remaining home games,” Apple said.

Tickets for the remaining games will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

[A version of this story ran on page 5 on 9/16/2014 under the headline "Home football tickets on sale, new pricing hopes to meet demand"]