Pop-reggae meets rock tonight at High Dive, where Sidereal will take the stage for its seventh performance in Gainesville.

Lukas Costas, a 20-year-old UF marketing student and co-creator of the band, is excited for the band to play in Gainesville but is concerned about the state of Gainesville’s live-music culture.

"It’s hard to really get the word out about a show here solely because there are so many things going on here all the time," he said. "But I would love to see Gainesville prove me wrong."

Venue doors open at 8 p.m., and both Hours Eastly and Currentz will open the show. Advance tickets are $8 then $10 at the door, located at 210 SW Second Ave.

Sidereal has shared stages with Passafire, The Dirty Heads and Less Than Jake, using instruments like ukuleles, saxophones and melodicas — wind instruments played like a piano — to combine different musical elements into its sound.

John Wilson, 20, said he’s seen the band in concert before.

"A lot of bands are selling out and just sound really poppy," said Wilson, a UF industrial and systems engineering junior. But he looks forward to seeing Sidereal perform again.

"They just actually have good music."

[A version of this story ran on page 4 on 9/26/2014]