A Gainesville man pulled a crack pipe out of his butt after being arrested on an outstanding warrant early Tuesday. 

Tommie Leroy Nobles Jr., 44, was pulled over at 1300 E. University Ave for a bicycle light violation shortly before 1 a.m., according to a report. Officers did a warrants check and learned that Nobles had a warrant out for cocaine sales and possession. He was then arrested and taken to jail.

As officers approached the jail to book Nobles, he told police he had a crack pipe and proceeded to pull the glass pipe out of his butt. He admitted using it to smoke crack cocaine. 

In sum, Nobles was arrested on his warrant and for possession of drug paraphernalia and smuggling contraband into a state correctional facility. His bond is set at $1,045,000. 

♣♣♣

A Gainesville woman was arrested Monday morning after police said she woke up in the middle of the night and attacked her husband. 

Before going to bed, Cortney Lynn Weingarth, 39, and her husband – with whom she has three children – smoked crack and fell asleep, according to a report. 

At about 4 a.m., Weingarth woke up and began fighting with her husband. She grabbed a 3-inch folding knife and threatened to kill him at their residence, 2845 NE 39th Ave. 

Weingarth’s husband grabbed her from behind in an attempt to get the knife. Then she bit her husband’s arm and punched him in the mouth several times, giving him marks on his arm and a cut on his upper lip.

Weingarth was arrested at about 9 a.m. on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and battery. Her bond is set at $25,000.

♣♣♣

A Gainesville man was arrested Monday afternoon after police said he stalked and threatened a woman. 

Lezlee Clifford Roopchand II, 19, had been calling, texting, emailing and stalking the victim in person since August, police said. On Friday, he threatened to harm the woman at the Santa Fe College Northwest Campus, located at 3000 NW 83rd St. The woman told officers she was afraid of Roopchand hurting her.  

At about noon Monday, police found Roopchand, who admitted to calling the woman more than 60 times between Saturday and Sunday. 

He was arrested on charges of aggravated stalking and taken to the Alachua County Jail. He was released shortly after noon Tuesday on his own recognizance.