<p>The fireworks finale over Ben Hill Griffin Stadium marks the end of the 90th annual Gator Growl during UF Homecoming Friday evening. The Fray, Sister Hazel and the UF Fightin’ Gator Marching Band performed for students, alumni and guests.</p>

The fireworks finale over Ben Hill Griffin Stadium marks the end of the 90th annual Gator Growl during UF Homecoming Friday evening. The Fray, Sister Hazel and the UF Fightin’ Gator Marching Band performed for students, alumni and guests.

It’s just about that time again! Gator Growl, the main event of our Homecoming weekend is just a week away! The “Limitless” theme behind this year’s show is no understatement because Ludacris and Foster the People are billed to hit Flavet Field next Friday. Here’s a preview of what to expect from these two world class acts: 

Ludacris 

With 15 years of experience in the music industry under his belt, Ludacris is one of the rappers associated with bringing Southern rap to the mainstream in the early 2000s. Born Christopher Bridges, Ludacris rose to prominence with the release of his second album “Back for the First Time” in 2000 featuring one of his biggest hits “What’s Your Fantasy?”

Four multi-platinum albums and three Grammy awards later, Ludacris is one of the most recognizable names in Southern rap along with Nelly, Lil Jon and Outkast.

Establishing himself as an overall entertainer, Ludacris has also taken to the big screen in films, such as “Crash” and the “Fast and Furious” franchise. Most recently, he served as a judge on reality television singing competition “Rising Star.”

His biggest hits include: “Stand Up,” “Money Maker,” “How Low,” “Runaway Love” and “Move Bitch.” 

Foster the People 

Formed in Los Angeles in 2009 by lead singer Mark Foster, indie pop band Foster the People rose to prominence in 2011 with the release of its hit single “Pumped Up Kicks” and subsequent release of its debut album “Torches.”

The album was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and Grammy-nominated for the Best Alternative Music Album Grammy. “Pumped Up Kicks” was nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

With the release of its second album “Supermodel” this year, the band expanded its indie pop roots by including elements of different genres, such as psychedelic rock and dream pop.

Easily one of the most distinguishable bands out today, the group is known for its high-energy performances and the unique voice of lead singer Mark Foster. 

You can purchase Gator Growl tickets online or on campus at one of the Homecoming tables on Turlington Plaza.