A new website will connect the Gator nation from all parts of the world.

For the past few months, the UF Alumni Association has worked to create a website called Gator Treks where former and current UF students can come and share their travel stories.

“Our goal is to bring together the entire Gator Nation through the love of travel,” said Jason Elliott, the manager for Gator Treks. 

Elliott said the website will be up and running before 2015 but encourages people to sign up for early access on the Gator Treks website. 

“The alumni association is trying to engage the entire community,” Elliot said. “It’s not like Facebook. It’s for the entire Gator Nation.” 

The website will be free, but will be monitored so there is no inappropriate content uploaded.

“We are family friendly, so we don’t want obscene stories,” Elliot said.

Study-abroad students are encouraged to share their traveling experiences, he said.

Dragana Bilic,19, said she would upload her travel photos from Europe for other Gators to see.

“It’s a pretty cool idea to post pictures for Gators to see and share your story,” the UF marketing sophomore said. “I have a lot of pictures, and I would be willing to upload them.” 

Bilic has traveled to and around Europe. 

“The only place I’ve really been to was a few years (ago), and I went to Venice, Italy with my dance group, and the only other place I’ve been to is Serbia,” she said.