A locally owned Gainesville grocery store is celebrating its 63rd Anniversary Fall Food Festival on Saturday.

Ward’s Supermarket, located at 515 NW 23rd Ave., will be hosting the free event from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be tents set up in the parking lot with different foods and special deals throughout the market. 

“It’s a fun and festive atmosphere with live music, grills and ongoing sales,” said Milan Mixon, assistant manager of the Natural Foods Department. 

In the past several years, more than 5,000 people have attended the supermarket’s festival, including families, students, locals and  people from nearby towns. This year they expect more attendees than in previous years. 

“It’s a beautiful blend of the Gainesville community,” Mixon said.

There will also be 50 national and local companies attending the festival with a diverse selection of marketers including soap makers, bread bakers and plant nurseries. Not only can attendees find produce and products at the festival, but five local vineyards will be sampling their wines and beers. 

“Ward’s Supermarket is grateful to the community for their support today, tomorrow and the future,” Mixon said.