Tonight, the UF Symphony Orchestra will bring “The Story of Cinderella” to life with narration from Amy Redford, the daughter of Academy Award-winning film director and actor Robert Redford.

The orchestra will perform at 7:30 p.m. tonight at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts and will feature pianist Andreas Klein in the first half of the performance.

Brenda Rieger, an orchestra manager, is grateful these artists from the music and entertainment industry chose to work with a university-level orchestra.

“It helps me personally realize the caliber and intricacy of our repertoire for this concert,” Rieger, a 21-year-old UF biology and psychology senior who plays the violin, wrote in an email.

For this concert, the 104-student orchestra includes more than just music majors. Students majoring in disciplines from architecture to zoology are performing, said Raymond Chobaz, music director and conductor of the symphony orchestra.

Redford is in town to promote “The Guitar,” a film that she directed about a cancer patient.

The Russian-themed concert will open with pieces featuring Klein, and “The Story of Cinderella” will follow, which features eight pieces from the ballet “Cinderella” by Sergei Prokofiev and guest artists from Dance Alive National Ballet.

Michael Blachly, director of the UFPA, said he wanted to give the orchestra “a higher profile to the student, faculty and surrounding community members” during National Arts and Humanities month, he wrote in an email.

“Every piece of music we play touches different chords in different people,” Chobaz said.  “Come and see if not a string in you gets touched.”