Career Resource Center hosts virtual fair for health students

Students can get a job in their pajamas today.

The UF Career Resource Center is hosting its first virtual career fair for students interested in pursuing a health profession.

Students are able to register at any time for the event being held from noon to 4 p.m. 

Students can use their cellphones, tablets or computers to access the career fair.

Monica Moreno, the center’s assistant director of recruitment services, said she is excited to team up with Brazen Careerist, an online virtual event platform, to host the fair. 

Moreno said students, employers and recruiters will not need a camera to participate.

“It’s a chat feature. You go into a chatroom with an employer and you stand in line at their virtual booth, and then they start talking to you,” she said. 

“We wanted to make sure we created something for students who were not able to come to campus,” she continued. 

Students can upload their resume and then their profile will be available for the employer to view.

“I’m glad to see that they are catering to health professionals,” said Joi Johnson, a 21-year-old UF health education and behavior senior. 

“I’m not able to be on campus as much, so this online fair will be helpful.”