Radio to talk to woman whose husband is being held hostage

Naghmeh Abedini’s two children haven’t seen their father in two years. 

In 2012, her husband — Saeed Abedini, a pastor — was in Iran settling details about a children’s orphanage he was building when his trip, which he had made before without incident, was suddenly interrupted by the country’s Revolutionary Guard, according to Naghmeh’s petition on beheardproject.org.

The pastor was illegally forced into house arrest at his parents’ Tehran home for his Christian beliefs before being taken into custody at Iran’s Evin Prison on Sept. 26, 2012, according to the petition.

Today, his wife will speak on a Gainesville radio show about her journey to bring him home. Abedini will go on the air with Greg Cassidy, program director of 106.9 the Pulse radio show, at about 7:30 a.m. 

When Abedini initially learned of his imprisonment, she began a national campaign to request help from the U.S. government and the U.N. to get him released, which she will address on the show. 

She has traveled around the nation telling her husband’s story to gain support for his release, and she will be in town this weekend for appearances at a brunch Saturday and two church services Sunday.

Listeners can tune into the radio show or listen live online at 1069kzy.com.