<p>Antoinette Bannister attempts a jump shot during Florida's season-opening win against Jacksonville.</p>

Antoinette Bannister attempts a jump shot during Florida's season-opening win against Jacksonville.

A University of Florida women’s basketball player was arrested Friday afternoon on allegations she stole the credit card of a teammate and used it at multiple stores, according to a University Police Department arrest report.

Police charged Antoinette Bannister, 21, with theft of a credit card and fraudulent use of a credit card, a third degree felony. According to a police report, Bannister took the credit card of teammate Viktorija Dimaite on Nov. 11, 2014 from the women’s locker room of the basketball practice facility.

“Antoinette Bannister is no longer a member of the team,” a UAA spokesperson confirmed Saturday.

The card was used at Macy’s and Modern Nails and Spa the following day, both in the Oaks Mall, according to the report. Bannister then used the card on Nov. 13 at Hibbett Sports, located at Butler Plaza, along with Footlocker in the Oaks Mall, and Gold Standard West pawn shop, located at 2530 SW 30th St.

“Surveillance video from Hibbett Sports for the specific fraudulent transaction revealed the defendant making the purchase with the stolen card,” the report stated.

Bannister told police on Friday that she found the credit card outside the practice facility, and later admitted to using the card at the stores. The report states Bannister told officers she threw the card away after using it.

Bannister, a junior from Jacksonville, had missed the last two games for the Gators with an ankle sprain.

The 5-foot-10 guard has played in 13 games this season — including three starts. Bannister is averaging 6.2 points per game on 44.1-percent shooting.

Follow Graham Hall on Twitter @Graham311