<p>University of Florida alumnus Gene Page, set photographer for "The Walking Dead" poses for a photo with one of the cast's zombies.</p>

University of Florida alumnus Gene Page, set photographer for "The Walking Dead" poses for a photo with one of the cast's zombies.

Two of the men behind one of television’s most popular series are taking a break from zombies and visiting some Gators.   

Still-photographer Gene Page and boom mic operator Robert Maxfield will recount stories from life behind the scenes of AMC’S “The Walking Dead” tonight at 6:30 in Weimer Hall’s Gannett Auditorium.

Page, a UF journalism alumnus, said he suggested the presentation to UF photojournalism professor John Freeman.  

“It’s off-beat because instead of a web speaker or a new company innovator, this is pop culture,” Freeman said. “It might give some people inspiration for following their interests and passion in a nontraditional way.”

They will present a slideshow with more than 300 images to help share their experiences on the hit television show about the rise of the undead.

They said they want to discuss what their jobs entail, memorable scenes, stories about the actors, set mishaps and, perhaps, zombies.

“When you watch a television show, you see all these moments flash in front of you on the screen as moving images, but my aim is to actually freeze and capture moments,” Page said. “I feel it’s a big responsibility — like I’m capturing television history.”

Jessica Shifflett, a 21-year-old UF psychology senior, said she hasn’t seen every season of “The Walking Dead,” but she made sure to RSVP for the event on Facebook.

“I think UF gives really great opportunities that you won’t have later in the outside world,” Shifflett said.

[A version of this story ran on page 5 on 2/5/2015 under the headline “‘The Walking Dead’ presentation tonight"]