Get your pizza pi for $3.14 in honor of Pi Day at local restaurant

<p>Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza, 3617 Archer Road, drew a crowd at its grand opening in January by giving away free pizza. It’s celebrating Pi Day on Saturday by offering any pizza for $3.14 all day and is expecting an equally large turnout.</p>

Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza, 3617 Archer Road, drew a crowd at its grand opening in January by giving away free pizza. It’s celebrating Pi Day on Saturday by offering any pizza for $3.14 all day and is expecting an equally large turnout.

Pizzas will be at a special “pi” price at Blaze Pizza on Saturday in celebration of Pi Day.

All of the pizzas will be $3.14, a play on the never-ending irrational number.

The restaurant is also holding a contest for Pi Day.

For every 314th guest who posts a photo to Instagram with #BlazePizza, the restaurant will give him or her a coupon for 10 free pizzas.

Laurie Ruggles, operating partner at Blaze, said she is excited for Pi Day and expects the turnout to be similar to the 1,300 people looking for free pizza at the grand opening.

“We had a line from open till close,” she said.

Blaze, at 3617 Archer Road, opened in January and specializes in personal, made-to-order pizzas. The restaurant chain started celebrating Pi Day in 2013, Ruggles said.

However, she said this is the first year Blaze has done the Instagram contest.

Bo Starr, a 20-year-old UF economics sophomore, has been to Blaze a few times and said he enjoys it.

“I think it’s a cool concept,” he said.

Starr said although he thinks Blaze’s pizza is already a good deal, and getting it for $3.14 makes it even better.