<p class="p1">Caravan of Thieves is performing at 7 p.m. Friday at the Historic Thomas Center. The band has been touring to promote their latest album. </p>

Caravan of Thieves is performing at 7 p.m. Friday at the Historic Thomas Center. The band has been touring to promote their latest album. 

Caravan of Thieves is making its way to Gainesville to perform Friday night.

The band, based in Bridgeport, Connecticut, and consisting of vocalists Fuzz and Carrie Sangiovanni, violinist Ben Dean and double bass maestro Brian Anderson, will perform at the Historic Thomas Center, 302 NE Sixth Ave. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the show starts at 7:00 p.m.

Fuzz and Carrie said they are excited about playing in a new city.

“We love playing in new places we haven’t played before. It’s really fun, especially when there is a lot of new people at the show,” Carrie said. “You never forget your first Caravan of Thieves experience.”

Fuzz and Carrie said the Caravan of Thieves is a mix of swing, gypsy, folk and pop music. 

“When we started the band, we were going on a lot of tours — just Carrie and I basically singing and playing acoustic duo — and while we wanted to maintain that, we also wanted to add spice to the music,” Fuzz said. “We really liked the gypsy and swing music, so by adding in the upright bass and violin, we could produce the sound for Caravan of Thieves.”

The band has been touring for almost a month promoting their newest album, “Kiss Kiss,” which was released Tuesday. They will be in Florida for a whole week of shows in St. Augustine, Sarasota, St. Petersburg and more.

The crowd can expect to hear various songs from their newest album like “Raise the Dead,” “Dead Wrong” and “This Must Be Love.” Fuzz said the crowd could also expect to hear their cover of Queen’s song “Bohemian Rhapsody.”

Russell Etling, cultural affairs interim manager for the City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs, said they have partnered with Shakerag Culture Center to put Jewel Box Concerts together at the Historic Thomas Center.

“The Caravan of Thieves fit into the theme we have for this period of the year,” Etling said. “The genres of concerts played at the Thomas Center have ranged from bluegrass, Cuban jazz and, coming up soon, opera.”

Tickets can be purchased at the door for $15.

[A version of this story ran on page 10 on 4/2/2015 under the headline “Caravan of Thieves to perform at Historic Thomas Center”]

Correction: A story published Thursday under the headline "Caravan of Thieves to perform at historic Thomas Center," the Alligator incorrectly reported the time of the concert. The concert doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the concert starts at 7:30 p.m. Also, the story stated that tickets can be purchased in advance for $15. This price applies only at the door.