<p>Shannon Gilroy runs toward the net during Florida's 12-11 loss to Stony Brook on March 17 at Donald R. Dizney Stadium.</p>

Shannon Gilroy runs toward the net during Florida's 12-11 loss to Stony Brook on March 17 at Donald R. Dizney Stadium.

With just three regular season games remaining, Florida heads into the weekend atop the Big East standings in the team’s first year as a member of the conference.

The No. 9 Gators (10-4, 4-0 Big East) host Villanova (7-5, 2-1 Big East) on Saturday at 1 p.m. at Donald R. Dizney Stadium.

It will be Florida’s second game in four days following UF’s road win at Marquette on Wednesday.

Saturday’s game will also be the team’s Senior Day. Shannon Gilroy, Nora Barry and Mikki Offit will be honored for their contributions to the program and look to build upon those contributions against Villanova.

In Florida’s four conference games, the Gators have outscored their opponents by a combined score of 70-22. Gilroy has scored a nation-high 52 goals this season, including 20 over the last four contests. Florida is averaging 15.4 goals per game and has scored 216 this year, the most in the country.

As of late, however, with the offense remaining consistent, the Gators’ defense has stepped up, allowing just 12 total goals over the last three games. Florida hopes to maintain that formidable combination as it wraps up the regular season, starting Saturday against Villanova.

Follow Alex Maminakis on Twitter @alexmaminakis