The Internal Revenue Service says former Washington Redskins star and Gainesville native Clinton Portis failed to pay more than $450,000 in federal income taxes.

According to documents, Portis failed to pay $401,432.18 in individual income taxes in 2006, when Portis was in his third season with the Redskins. He also failed to pay $57,187.61 in individual income taxes in 2010, according to the documents.

Portis also owes $287,178.56 to the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas from May 2015, according to court testimony obtained by the Alligator. The former Gainesville High standout lists two properties in Gainesville.

Investigators sought Portis in August 2014 regarding the foreclosure of his then-current residence in Gainesville at 3510 NE 156th Ave. A private investigator made six attempts to serve papers at the residence to no avail. After attempts to find him proved unsuccessful, the investigator attempted to make contact at his other listed residence, 1919 NE Seventh Place. The investigator listed that property as vacant and abandoned after failing to make contact.

Portis’ only form of known current employment is at speaking engagements and autograph signings, where he is represented by Ryan Totka of Athlete Promotions in Windemere. 

Portis, 33, played nine seasons in the NFL before announcing his retirement in 2012. After being drafted by the Denver Broncos in 2002, Portis was traded to the Redskins for cornerback Champ Bailey and a second-round draft pick in the 2004 NFL Draft.

Follow Graham Hall on Twitter @Graham311