Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Gainesville Police arrested a Brevard man Monday night after he reportedly caused a four-car accident while under the influence of alcohol.

About 9 p.m. Monday, Brandon S. Dees, 34, reportedly hit a car while traveling north on 13th Street, causing a chain reaction, according to a police report. Dees reportedly switched lanes from left to right and hit another car, according to the report.

He reportedly caused $5,000 in damages to the car and another $8,000 in damages to his own car, according to the report. 

The car that Dees reportedly hit was pushed forward, causing two more cars to collide and another $5,250 in damages, according to the report. Dees, sitting in the driver’s seat, reportedly said “I’m f*****d” several times while refusing medical services and trying to move the car’s gears, according to the report. Dees reportedly leaned against the car to walk from the driver’s side door to the back passenger’s side door, according to the report. He reportedly refused to take a breath test several times. Police arrested Dees on a charge of DUI with damage to property and another for refusal to take a DUI test. 

Authorities took him to the Alachua County Jail where, as of press time, he remains without bond.

Contact Giuseppe Sabella at gsabella@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @Gsabella