Matt Jones scores two touchdowns; Jelani Jenkins leads Miami

<p>In this photo taken Sept. 20, 2015, Washington Redskins running back Matt Jones (31) dives for extra yardage after breaking a tackle by St. Louis Rams outside linebacker Alec Ogletree (52) during the second half of an NFL football game in Landover, Md.</p>

In this photo taken Sept. 20, 2015, Washington Redskins running back Matt Jones (31) dives for extra yardage after breaking a tackle by St. Louis Rams outside linebacker Alec Ogletree (52) during the second half of an NFL football game in Landover, Md.

The alligatorSports’ Gators in the NFL series continues after Week 2, where the highlights include interceptions, sacks, a fumble recovery and a pair of Gators leading the Washington Redskins to a win over the St. Louis Rams.

Offense: Following a poor showing in Week 1, Washington received the most production from any current Gators in the NFL.

Rookie running back Matt Jones rushed for 123 yards on 19 attempts with two touchdowns, and tight end Jordan Reed hauled in six catches for 82 yards in the Redskins’ 24-10 win over St. Louis.

Reed and Jones have combined to score three of the Redskins’ four touchdowns this season.

After recording his first career 100-yard game, Jones was nominated for both NFL Rookie of the Week and FedEx Ground Player of the Week.

Percy Harvin had a decent day in Buffalo’s 40-32 loss to New England, tallying four catches for 47 yards and returning two kicks for a combined 45 yards.

Tampa Bay receiver Louis Murphy came off the bench to record three catches for 82 yards, his first contribution of the 2015 season.

Defense: Fourteen former Gators logged playing time on NFL defenses in Week 2, nine of whom started.

Baltimore safety Will Hill and Minnesota defensive end Justin Trattou both recorded interceptions, while Cleveland corner Joe Haden tallied six tackles, a deflected pass and a fumble recovery.

For the second straight week, Miami linebacker Jelani Jenkins led all former Gators with 12 tackles, including two tackles for loss.

Cincinnati defensive end Carlos Dunlap recorded six tackles and 1.5 sacks, his second straight week with at least one sack.

Safety Reggie Nelson recorded four tackles for the Bengals.

Defensive tackle Jaye Howard led Kansas City with seven tackles in the Chiefs’ 31-24 Thursday night loss to Denver.

After failing to record a tackle in Week 1, defensive end Jeremy Mincey finished with three tackles in the Cowboys’ 20-10 win over Philadelphia, including one for a loss.

Dan Quinn: Former Florida defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, now the Atlanta Falcons’ head coach, is 2-0 to start the season.

The Falcons’ defense has allowed 22 points per game but only 80 rushing yards per game, good for ninth in the NFL.

The Falcons also rank fifth in the NFL in total offense (398.5) and third in passing yards per game (318).

Offensive line: Four offensive linemen appeared in Week 2 NFL games: Max Garcia (Denver), Jonotthan Harrison (Indianapolis), Marcus Gilbert (Pittsburgh) and Mike Pouncey (Miami). Both Pouncey and Gilbert allowed zero sacks.

Inactives: Tackle Trent Brown did not play for San Francisco and tackle D.J. Humphries (Arizona), linebacker Jonathan Bostic (Chicago), linebacker Lerentee McCray (Denver), receiver Frankie Hammond (Kansas City), defensive end Dominique Easley (New England) and safety Major Wright (Tampa Bay) were listed as inactive.

Follow Ian Cohen on Twitter @icohenb