<p>UF defensive specialist Lindsey Rogers serves during Florida's 3-0 win against Auburn on Oct. 11, 2015.</p>

UF defensive specialist Lindsey Rogers serves during Florida's 3-0 win against Auburn on Oct. 11, 2015.

Mary Wise watched her player’s serves fly out of bounds and into the net left and right on Sunday.

Fourteen times the Gators couldn’t drop their serves in bounds on the opponent’s side of the court during their sweep of Auburn, tied for third most this season.

Fourteen service errors are enough to make the fans at the O’Connell Center agitated, let alone Wise, who sat on the edge of her seat along the sideline clacking her heels against the wooden floor.

Sophomore outside hitter Carli Snyder sailed a serve long on the first play, which can be pivotal in dictating early momentum.

Early in the second set, Snyder couldn’t find the court and committed her third service error. Wise, visibly irritated, didn’t let Snyder serve again after that.

Per usual, Wise subbed in sophomore setter Abby Detering for Rhamat Alhassan to serve in the third set.

When Detering floated her serve past the service line to give Auburn an 11-6 advantage, Wise immediately hung her head.

After the game, Wise had one word to describe how frustrated she was: "very."

But Wise said there was good reason for so many service errors.

"If teams aren’t passing as well you don’t have to put as tough a serve in play," Wise said. "But Auburn was passing so well, we were trying to create pressure. You’re gonna miss some, we just prefer not so many."

Despite being ranked next to last in the Southeastern Conference with 2.48 service errors per set this season, Florida did see bright spots in the serving department.

One of them: Lindsey Rogers.

The redshirt freshman entered the first set in service relief for Snyder and led the Gators to six straight points, taking a 20-16 lead before committing a service error of her own.

The run was just what UF needed to find its rhythm for the match.

"It was great," Snyder said. "It wasn’t great that I was missing my serve but it was awesome. ... She goes in and put maybe five great balls in the court."

Though Rogers served the rest of the game for Snyder, Wise said Snyder was the most encouraging of the Tallahassee native.

"What I loved was how supportive Carli was of Sam (Dubiel) and Lindsey and understood that we are only as good as our collective unit," Wise said.

What made Rogers’ serving run even more impressive is that she had to do it cold, Wise said.

"It’s not like coming off the bench in basketball where you have that chance at running down the court," she said. "It’s not easy to come in and serve off the bench."

With 1.23 service aces per set, Florida ranks in the middle of the pack in the conference.

The Gators will look to continue their two-game win streak on the road against Tennessee Wednesday at 6 p.m. on ESPNU.

The Volunteers are fresh off an upset win over then-No. 22 Arkansas Sunday.

Wise said the win for UT was huge for them.

"We have a chance to play a team that is real high right now," she said. "I know that one of their key players is now healthy and they were without her for some time. We're obviously getting Tennessee playing their best volleyball of the year."

Follow Patrick Pinak on Twitter @Pinakk12