Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Gainesville Police arrested two local men Tuesday night after police said they had a gun, drugs and a Gator 1 Card.

About 11:40 p.m. Tuesday, Joel Latta, 22, and Alfred Cason, 23, drove in the 1600 block of Southwest 13th St. with illegally tinted windows, according to a police report.

Authorities pulled the men over and a police dog smelled drugs in the car, which turned out to be .51 grams of crack, according to the report.

Police also found a .32-caliber revolver with a laser sight taped onto the barrel, according to the report.

Authorities found it in a backpack with a holster and six bullets.

Latta claimed both the gun and the drugs, which violated his parole from a previous arrest for carrying a firearm in 2014, according to the report.

An officer then discovered two credit cards, one debit card and a Gator 1 Card, all of which belonged to one man, according to the report.

The man graduated with a general business degree in 2012, UF spokesman Steve Orlando said.

Police arrested Latta on charges for carrying a concealed firearm, possessing cocaine and violating probation.

Cason received one charge for fraud.

Cason could not be reached as of press time.

Authorities took both men to the Alachua County Jail where, as of press time, Latta remains in lieu of a $40,000 bond, and Cason was released Wednesday afternoon on a $15,000 bond.

Contact Giuseppe Sabella at gsabella@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @Gsabella