On Wednesday, the largest statewide LGBT civil rights organization is coming to Boca Fiesta.

Equality Florida, an organization focused on promoting LGBT rights, will be discussing issues and goals for the upcoming year Wednesday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

"Even though we’ve had many amazing recent victories in the LGBT movement, we know that our work is far from over," said Hannah Willard, the policy and outreach coordinator for Equality Florida.

The free event, which has occurred over the past couple years, will include complimentary snacks and happy hour drink specials.

Willard said one of the focuses will be trying to pass the Florida Competitive Workforce Act, which will provide statewide non-discrimination protection for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

She said because members of the community now have the freedom to marry, there has been a huge increase in transgender visibility in Florida.

A lot of members in the community, said Willard, have come in and joined their fight for more rights.

"Our next step is to make sure that no matter who you are or who you love, you can earn a living, provide for your family and live a better life," said Willard.

Jasmine Schwadron, a UF marine sciences freshman, said she thinks this event is a way to make the LGBT community more accepted.

"I think that’s something that people should know more about and become more accepting of," said Schwadron. "I think education can get that across."