<p>Alabama head coach Nick Saban walks across the football field before an NCAA college football game against Auburn on Saturday in Auburn, Alabama.</p>

Alabama head coach Nick Saban walks across the football field before an NCAA college football game against Auburn on Saturday in Auburn, Alabama.

When No. 18 Florida and No. 2 Alabama face off in the Southeastern Conference Championship Game at 4 p.m. Saturday, it’ll be the eighth matchup between the two for the conference crown. The Gators own the all-time record against the Crimson Tide in the title game, 4-3. Here’s a look at how the other matchups panned out.

1992: Alabama 28, Florida 21

The Gators reached the inaugural conference championship game in Birmingham, Alabama, after winning their final five SEC games. After falling behind the Crimson Tide 21-7 early in the third quarter, the Gators tied the game with a pair of touchdowns — a 4-yard touchdown pass from Shane Matthews to Willie Jackson in the third quarter and a 21-yard run by Errict Rhett with about eight minutes left in regulation. Despite Florida’s late push, Alabama sealed the game on an Antonio Langham pick-six with 3:16 to play. The Crimson Tide went on to win the national title with a 34-13 win against Miami in the Sugar Bowl.

1993: Florida 28, Alabama 13

One year later, the Gators and Crimson Tide found themselves against each yet again in the SEC Championship. This time, though, Florida turned the tables with their punter providing the edge. Holding onto a 14-13 lead in the third quarter and facing a fourth and 8, punter Shayne Edge took the snap and ran 20 yards to move the chains. Quarterback Terry Dean found Jack Jackson for a 43-yard touchdown one play later to give UF a 21-13 lead. The Gators held on to win.

1994: Florida 24, Alabama 23

The first SEC Championship game to be played in the Georgia Dome turned out to be one of the most contested in the championship game’s history and one that showcased Steve Spurrier’s prowess. With the Gators down by six in the fourth quarter and quarterback Danny Wuerffel limping to the sideline, backup signal caller Eric Kresser fired a dart to Aubry Hill for 25 yards. Wuerffel then returned to the game. Two plays later, a double pass moved the Gators to the 2-yard line, setting up a Wuerffel-to-Chris-Doering shot for the game-winner.

1996: Florida 45, Alabama 30

Fresh off a three-point loss to Florida State, Florida played Alabama with a vengeance. Danny Wuerffel threw for an SEC-record 401 yards and six touchdown passes to lead the Gators to their fourth consecutive SEC title. The win gave the Gators a second date with FSU, this time for a national title. Florida won the rematch 52-20 to claim the program’s first national title.

1999: Alabama 34, Florida 7

The Gators, who lost to the Crimson Tide two months earlier in a 40-39 overtime thriller, looked to rebound and defeat Alabama on the second time around. Instead, Alabama simply rolled. Florida drew first blood on a trick play when tailback Earnest Graham threw a 3-yard touchdown to tight end Erron Kinney, but it was all Alabama from there. The Crimson Tide defense forced four interceptions and the offense racked up 462 yards to hand UF its most lopsided loss to Alabama in an SEC Championship game.

2008: Florida 31, Alabama 20

Down 20-17 as the third quarter drew to a close, the Gators scored back-to-back touchdowns on a 1-yard Jeff Demps rushing touchdown and a 5-yard pass from Tim Tebow to Riley Cooper to take a 31-20 lead with 2:50 remaining in the game.

Cornerback Joe Haden sealed Florida’s victory with an interception along the right sideline with about 90 seconds to play. The Gators went on to the BCS Championship game, where they defeated Oklahoma 24-14 for the third national title in program history.

2009: Alabama 32, Florida 13

Eventual Heisman Trophy winner and first-team All-American Mark Ingram rushed for 113 yards and scored three of Alabama’s four touchdowns. Quarterback Greg McElroy also threw for 239 yards and a touchdown on just 12 completions en route to MVP honors. The Gators put up a fight early, trailing just 19-13 at halftime, but Alabama’s defense shut Tebow and Co. down in the final 30 minutes.

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126