Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Gainesville Police arrested a local man Monday afternoon after police said he punctured his boss’ tires.

At about 3 a.m. on Oct. 14, Jacoby Akeem Ford, 22, used a screwdriver to stab the tires of his former supervisor’s car and her husband’s car, according to a police report.

“I woke up one morning to take my children to school and they screamed my name and said, ‘Mommy your tires are flattened,’” the supervisor said.

The total damages were estimated at about $2,000. The supervisor said she drove both cars to her job and Ford recognized them, according to the report.

When he was arrested for an unrelated incident last year, the supervisor denied him his job back, she said. However, she wasn’t alone in deciding Ford’s fate.

“He was very hostile and he always had something going on,” she said.

The supervisor recalled an instance when Ford stole a cellphone from the mother of a resident at the nursing home where she works. She said Ford crossed the line in October.

“You came outside my home,” she said. “That’s too close for comfort.”

Police charged Ford with two counts of criminal mischief and took him to the Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $100,000 bond.

Contact Martin Vassolo at mvassolo@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @martindvassolo