Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Gainesville Police arrested a woman Monday night after police said she assaulted a 93-year-old nursing home resident.

At about 8 p.m. Monday, Ashley Michelle Greek, 25, pulled an elderly woman down the hallway of the Brookdale Gainesville Southwest senior center, according to a police report.

Greek works as a nursing assistant at the center, located in the 1000 block of SW 62nd Blvd., according to the report.

After failing to walk the woman to her room, Greek grabbed the woman’s arm and bent it behind her back, according to the report.

Once in the room, one of Greek’s co-workers saw her twisting and yanking the elderly woman in an attempt to put her in bed, according to the report.

The woman fell to her knees before kicking Greek in the stomach. Greek then grabbed the woman’s leg and pushed it back until her knee touched her stomach, according to the report.

Another co-worker told police he heard the woman yelling.

After forcing the woman onto her bed, Greek “aggressively” changed the woman’s underwear by pushing her legs up to her head, according to the report.

Greek said she was frustrated the whole day because no one would help her deal with the woman, according to the report.

Police charged Greek with battery on a person 65 years or older and took her to the Alachua County Jail where she was released on her own recognizance Tuesday afternoon.

Contact Martin Vassolo at mvassolo@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @martindvassolo