When Holly Raynard accessed e-Learning Monday, an unfamiliar website greeted her.

“I’m switching one of my classes from Sakai to Canvas right now,” the UF Center for European Studies lecturer said. “There has been some technical difficulties.”

UF Information Technology has been working on updating the website, which launched Monday, for about two years, said Doug Johnson, the associate director of academic technology. There was no cost to redo the website because UFIT’s web development team redesigned it.

“We reached a point where the former website needed a consistent look and feel across UFIT websites,” he said. 

Johnson said UFIT will be reorganizing their platforms over the next two years. They want to make UFIT more effective and easier for students to use. 

“We are not trying to make your life difficult,” Johnson said. “In a short time, you will get used to this new site.”

While students will see some changes by UFIT, such as the website, others will not be as obvious, he said. He said he thinks students and faculty will be able to find information easier.

Jocelyn Gordon, a UF advertising freshman, said she found the new website easier to navigate.

“I wasn’t on it for long, but at first glance, it looked more clean-cut and organized,” the 18-year-old said.

Contact Meryl Kornfield at mkornfield@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @merylkornfield