Four UF students are headed to New Zealand.

The students will compete in the Champions Trophy Case Competition in Auckland, New Zealand, from Wednesday to Jan. 30. UF’s team will get a business-related case study to solve. The case will be a problem a real company is having.  

Kaily Benedict, 21, Karthik Rajan, 20, Sherman Wilhelm, 21, and Taylor Ziegler, 20, were chosen from UF’s Business Case Analysis course to defend UF’s first-place title, which they won last year.

Ziegler, a UF marketing junior, said the competing teams get a breakdown of the problem the company is having, and they must develop a detailed solution for it.  

Twelve schools compete and are chosen based on their performance in other competitions throughout the year, said Horace Tucker, the associate director of the Heavener School of Business.  

“This competition is for the best of the best. That’s why it’s the Champions Competition,” Tucker said.

UF attends about eight or nine competitions a year, but this is one of the most competitive, Tucker said. Only winners and teams that placed in competitions in the previous year attend, he said.

Ziegler said she thinks UF will do well.

“I’m pretty dang excited,” Ziegler said. “It’s not every day you get to go to New Zealand.”