UF students can now organize their class assignments on a free app.

The app, Schoolflow, was introduced to UF students Monday, said Gabe Medina, the CEO of Schoolflow. The app will sync with students’ GatorLink accounts to download all of their assignments into one place. It will also tell students when assignments are due and when grades are posted, he said.

The app cost about $20,000 to create, Medina said. 

It is available on Apple’s iOS platform, and the company hopes to launch it on Android by the end of March.

Schoolflow launched at the University of Central Florida in September and has 2,000 students using it, he said. Within the first hour of advertising the app at UF, about 500 students had downloaded it.

Medina said he wanted to expand Schoolflow to UF because he thought a large number of students would use it and because his brother attends the university.

Currently, the app can only import items from Canvas, he said. In the future, he hopes to allow students to manually input assignments that are not on Canvas.

“We’re trying to add new things as fast as we can,” Medina said.

Tommy Dambrosio, a UF business sophomore, said he wants to use the app because Canvas is disorganized.

“It just seems convenient,” the 19-year-old said.

He said he likes that students can use their phones to help with learning.

“I think it can set a precedent for third parties to make the educational experience more effective and efficient,” Dambrosio said.

Medina said with more investors and funding, the company can add more developers and expand the app faster.

“The end goal is to be available to every student in the country,” Medina said.