<p>Delanie Gourley pitches during Florida's 14-10 loss to LSU on March 14, 2015, at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.</p>

Delanie Gourley pitches during Florida's 14-10 loss to LSU on March 14, 2015, at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.

When Aleshia Ocasio got the strikeout to put the lid on a Saturday doubleheader, a sigh of relief swept across the dugout.

The first game was relatively easily for the Gators, who beat Omaha 9-0. But No. 1 Florida had its closest call of the year in its next matchup, edging out Elon 3-1 in its fourth game of the weekend at the Diamond 9 Citrus Classic in Orlando.

Elon almost took an early lead, when Phoenix Alaina Hall singled and reached third base on back-to-back wild pitches. But a nice defensive play by catcher Aubree Munro and pitcher Kelly Barnhill got the out at home plate to keep Florida level after the first inning.

Kayli Kvistad worked hard to get the Gators their first run. After a full-count walk, the sophomore advanced to second on a ground-out, took third on a passed ball and crossed the plate on a Taylor Schwarz single, putting UF up 1-0 in the second.

The Gators only got on the board once more when senior Kirsti Merritt and Amanda Lorenz hit successive singles to set up Taylore Fuller for a 2-RBI single.

In the circle, Barnhill earned her third win, striking out four batters in four innings. Ocasio came in to close out the game and seal the save after a close game. Elon’s seven hits are the most Florida has given up all year.

In the first game, Delanie Gourley was devastating in the pitcher’s circle. The junior southpaw had a perfect game through four, until a fifth-inning single into right put Omaha’s first runner on base.

“It was good to see Delanie go out there and continue to not only change speeds, but change locations, too,” Walton said in a release. “Not only was she ahead, but she was constantly pitching aggressively.”

Florida started with a bang offensively, as Taylore Fuller crushed her first home run of the season, giving the Gators to a 2-0 lead.

“Taylore has been clutch,” Walton said. “She’s been finding a way to get RBI’s behind Lorenz, who just keeps setting that table and hitting the ball well. It was just good to see Taylore get her confidence going and see her put some great at bats together.”

Add an RBI single from Kvistad, and UF was up 3-0 in the bottom of the first.

Omaha held in there for a while, but gave the game away towards the end.

The Gators wouldn’t get on the board again until the fourth inning, when a walk and a hit batter with the bases loaded bolstered their lead to five. In the next frame, two wild pitches let UF score three times in the blink of an eye. Lorenz even stole home to put the finishing touches on a 9-0 win.

Contact Matt Brannon at mbrannon@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @MattB_727.