Students can now test their knowledge of topics including popular culture and history every Thursday.

The Reitz Union Board Entertainment has started Trivia Night, which will take place every Thursday at 8:30 p.m. at the Reitz Union’s Orange and Brew. The event is free for students with their Gator 1 Cards. Students can bring one guest.

Matthew Hoeck, a UF political science senior, said said he and his friends regularly compete in trivia nights around Gainesville.

The 22-year-old said he’s excited to test his knowledge on UF’s campus. In the past, he’s gone to Miller’s Alehouse and Gator’s Dockside for their trivia nights.

“To have it here in the Reitz is pretty convenient and exciting,” he said. “It could become our go-to spot.”

Taylor Junck, aRUB Entertainment special events directorwho helped plan the first trivia night, said while Thursday’s trivia was general, future nights will be themed.

“It’s all about what the students want,” the 22-year-old UF journalism senior said.

Petrana Radulovic, a UF English and computer science junior, said Trivia Night was her first time in Orange and Brew.

“I think it’s a cool way to get people to come to the Reitz more often,” the 20-year-old said. “Because it’s a weekly thing, you can always count on it happening.”

Contact Meryl Kornfield at mkornfield@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @MerylKornfield.