Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville woman was arrested Wednesday after police said she threatened to cut her neighbor for making a Facebook comment.

At about 5 p.m. Wednesday, Sheryl Ann Little, 50, drank a wine cooler in bed and heard laughter outside her apartment, according to a police report.

It was her neighbor, sitting outside with her daughter and a friend, according to the report.

Little left her apartment and confronted the woman about the Facebook comment, according to the report.

“Don’t put my name in your mouth,” the woman wrote on Little’s Facebook page, according to the report.

After a short exchange, Little unfolded a 3-inch pocket knife and tightly held it against her side as she walked toward the woman, according to the report.

“I’ll cut y’all,” Little said, according to the report.

The woman immediately called police stayed on the phone until officers arrived, according to the report.

Little told police the comment started an online feud days before the arrest, leading the woman to block Little on Facebook to avoid an in-person confrontation, according to the report.

The knife, Little told police, was originally used to cut a plant in her garden and was later used for protection against the woman and her daughter, according to the report.

As of press time, Little could not be reached for comment.

Police arrested Little on a charge of aggravated assault and took her to the Alachua County Jail, where she was released Thursday on her own recognizance.

Contact Martin Vassolo at mvassolo@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @martindvassolo