Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Police arrested the owner of Tatu Sushi on three charges of battery after reviewing surveillance footage from the weekend.

In a two-hour span between Saturday night and Sunday morning, Chang S. Bahn, 48, was recorded sexually harassing a female employee and customer, and then punching another employee in the face, according to a police report.

Around midnight Saturday, Bahn took shots with customers in the restaurant, situated at 1702 W. University Ave. Later, Bahn slapped his female employee’s butt and rubbed against her, according to the report. Bahn also told a customer it would be okay to “f---” the waitress if she didn’t get pregnant, according to the report. He was later seen grabbing the waitress’ face and kissing her nose.

He is also seen approaching a female customer and shoving the back of her head, according to the report.

At about 1:20 a.m., as the customer fell asleep at the bar, Bahn reached near her lap, according to the report. The waitress said Bahn was pulling up the woman’s skirt.

When another employee confronted Bahn, he slapped and punched him in the face. The employee then punched him back, according to the report.

Bahn declined to comment.

Police arrested Bahn on Wednesday afternoon and took him to the Alachua County Jail where he was released Thursday on a $15,000 bond.

Contact Martin Vassolo at mvassolo@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @martindvassolo