Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville man was charged Wednesday after police said they found nearly 200 grams of various drugs in his home.

At about 11:45 a.m. Wednesday, members of the Gainesville Police Department Special Operations Unit searched the home of Jason Paul Taylor, 25, situated at 306 NW Eighth Street, according to a police report.

Police requested a search warrant about a week before the arrest after a witness identified him in a photo lineup and said he sold drugs, according to the report.

The home is located about 420 feet from Small Heart’s Daycare, according to the report.

Inside Taylor’s room, police found a bong, 8 grams of cocaine, 89 grams of marijuana, 183 tablets of Xanax, and 35 grams of what appeared to be psychedelic mushrooms, according to the report.

In addition to the drugs, police also found digital scales and plastic bags, according to the report.

Taylor was arrested on charges of possessing cocaine with intent to sell, possessing marijuana, possessing drugs with intent to sell, possessing drug paraphernalia and maintaining a drug dwelling.

Authorities took him to the Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $130,000 bond. 

Contact Martin Vassolo at mvassolo@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @martindvassolo