senate.jpg
senate.jpg

If you get a traffic ticket, UF has services to help you.

At Tuesday night’s senate meeting, Jon Adcock, director of Student Legal Services, reminded Student Government senators that UF students have access to legal advice and help.

“We do the regular things that lawyers do,” he said. “We do all the same stuff, I just don’t take money from (students).”

After Adcock spoke, SG’s newly elected committee chairpersons, who are all Impact Party members, reviewed the duties of each committee.

Senate president Jenny Clements and Senate Pro Tempore Smith Meyers spoke about SG working with other groups on campus, like the Student Legal Services.

Clements also nominated Wayne Selogy (Jennings, Impact) as chair of the Online Voting Committee. She said 13 senators applied to be on the committee.

Budget and Appropriations chairperson Charlie Brown Jr. (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Impact) talked about creating the budget to fund student organizations. Hearings for the organizations begin next week, he said.

“We feel like the budget we have submitted here is the one that is gonna serve the student orgs and academic orgs and students within those organizations to the best abilities,” he said.

APPROVED:

Funding for Gators Humans vs. Zombies, allocated $104

Devon Leasure as a replacement senator for District A

Praveen Varanasi for Budget and Appropriations committee

Jamie Somerstein and Meaghan Hanley for Information and Communications committee

Jacob Holloway for Judiciary committee

@MelissaGomez004 

mgomez@alligator.org