Students won’t see an increase in fees for the next school year.

Matthew Hoeck, a former member of the UF Local Fee Committee, said the decision to not increase the activity and service fee, athletic fee and student health fee were unanimous.

“We felt that wasn’t what the students had asked,” he said. “It was a very lengthy discussion about student investment, and we all came to the conclusion that this was a year that institutions would be OK (without additional funding),” he said.

As a result, when it came to the Student Government budget cycle, Budget and Appropriations chairperson Charlie Brown Jr., said the student organizations and academic organizations saw no increase in funding.

He said the Graduate Christian Fellowship and Generation Sketch Comedy were taken off of the budget cycle because they didn’t meet code regulations. Generation Sketch Comedy’s budget was around $600, which fell below the minimum requirement of $1,000, and the Graduate Christian Fellowship had a low turnout of students.

At Tuesday’s Senate meeting, both the student organization budget and the academic organization budget were passed unanimously.

Brown said he’s confident the student organizations will still be able to do well with the same funding.

“The major parts were making sure our students didn’t lose any of the services they had,” Brown said.

@MelissaGomez004 

mgomez@alligator.org