Stacey Steinberg, a UF law professor, is a former child abuse attorney who advocates for kids by photographing children with traumatic medical conditions.

Kathy Liu makes paper cranes to fundraise for childhood cancer research through her organization, Joey’s Wings Foundation, named for her 10-year-old son who passed away from kidney cancer in 2014.

Joyce Pearson takes hand portraits to capture photos in hospice that do not leave families with memories of their loved ones in pain.

The three artists will have a panel discussion Saturday at 3 p.m. about their display, “Shared Hope-Art and Healing,” in the Chandler Auditorium at the Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art.

Steinberg said by capturing children’s beauty and strength, she hopes they will see they went through a challenge while still being able to smile, laugh and be themselves.

“It’s been an experience that centers me and takes me back to what’s important in life: love, health and hope,” she said.

Two thousand of Liu’s cranes are on display to represent how many kids die from childhood cancer in the U.S. each year.

“Sometimes when you see a number you forget,” she said, “but when you see so many cranes together, it’s very powerful.”

Pearson, who started the Hands Legacy Project, said hands are “the way a person delivers their talents to the world.”

Hands don’t show pain like faces do, she said.

“It’s a legacy piece that reminds the family of that life well lived,” she said.