Five music acts, 50 vendors and lots of Gainesville locals will celebrate Labor Day at Bo Diddley Community Plaza for the fifth annual Labor Daze Fest this weekend. The free festival, which will be held Sunday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., has quickly become a Gainesville tradition, with the focus of “by locals, for locals, about locals,” according to the event’s flier.

Each year, those who attend the festival can participate in the dollar raffle. The prizes are provided by the vendors, and the winners receive various items, such as food, jewelry and tickets to various events, like a documentary screening at the Hippodrome State Theatre, said Trisha Ingle, a founder and organizer of the festival.

This year, the event will give “Power to the People” to one raffle ticket holder. According to the Labor Daze Fest Facebook page, the winner will have his or her power bill paid for by the festival, and Mayor Lauren Poe will present the prize.

The festival’s musical lineup includes a variety of bands unique to Gainesville, helping aspiring and achieved musicians present their talent. The lineup includes Hard Luck Society, Maca Reggae Samba, Mama Trish vs Godzilla!, Stereo Vud and The Duppies. The musical styles range from Latin to hard rock, so there’s a little something for everyone.

The event will also feature a rock-climbing wall and a face-painting station through Jumping 4 Joy, a party-equipment rental company and a sponsor of the festival. There will also an interview-clothing drive that provides people with vouchers to obtain appropriate interview attire.

Ingle said the event allows attendees to get involved in the Gainesville scene.

“It’s the most fun you can have for free,” she said.