A guide to Gainesville’s best hidden study spots for finals

With finals right around the corner, study hotspots on campus quickly overflow with stressed-out students and red coffee cups. This exam season, skip waiting in line at the Marston Science Library Starbucks or wandering through Library West for a place to settle. Instead, check out some of Gainesville’s most aesthetically pleasing cafes for quality coffee and a fun study experience.

Volta Coffee, Tea & Chocolate: Located downtown at 48 SW Second St., Volta offers an assortment of coffee and tea as well as baked goods. The venue is spacious with plenty of seating. Large tables are available for group studying, and for those who prefer to study alone, more private seating can be found inside and outside. The shop itself is adorned with quirky wall art and provides a calm environment, perfect for settling down with a textbook.

Coffee Culture: Coffee Culture lives up to its name. The cafe serves hot, cold and frozen coffee and espresso drinks as well as smoothies, teas and freshly baked pastries. There are vegan options, too! Free Wi-Fi is available inside and outside. Coffee Culture, located at 2020 NW 13th St., is a family-run business and promises to extend its at-home atmosphere to all its guests.

Lollicup: For those who prefer tea, Lollicup has dozens of flavors to choose from. From fruit slushies to herbal drinks to flavored boba concoctions, the shop, located on 34th Street, has something for everyone. A large seating area is available for groups, and individual tables offer plenty of room for the solo studier. Lollicup offers free Wi-Fi and an assortment of board games if you need to take a break. The shop closes at midnight on most nights, perfect for late-night cram sessions.

CYM Coffee Co.: With a substantial interior and outside porch area, CYM offers a lot of study space. You will feel right at home with all the cozy seating, bookshelves and warm bakery treats. Grab a latte, a smoothie or both! For every 10 drink purchases, you will get one on the house. The venue, located at 5404 NW Eighth Ave., is popular with college students and locals. Live music and open mic nights are also regularly offered if you need a break from hitting the books.

With plenty of local study options, there’s no reason to face Library West. Good luck, Gators!