Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville man sexually assaulted a stranger after inviting her to a motel Saturday morning, Gainesville Police said.

At about 1:00 a.m., James Raymond McKee, 50, asked a woman he met in a store if she wanted a beer and to go back to a motel room, according to a police report. After agreeing, she rode with him and a black female to the Value Lodge motel, 2000 SW 13th St., in a white convertible.

mckee mug

McKee offered her alcohol and drugs, and at one point, he lowered his pants and forced her to perform oral sex, according to the report.

A witness saw McKee leave the motel room. During that time, the women said another black male in the room pulled her pants down and raped her, according to the report.

After, McKee drove the woman to his drug dealer’s house, and while McKee and the dealer spoke, the woman left and returned to the motel on her own, according to the report.

When she arrived, she knocked on the door of a neighboring guest, 34-year-old Royal Dyal, who answered and let her stay with him the rest of the night, according to the report.

Later, the woman saw an officer on the corner of Southwest 16th Avenue and Southwest 13th Street and reported the rape, according to the report.

When officers arrived at the motel, a white convertible matching the woman’s description was parked behind the motel with three individuals inside, including McKee and Dyal.

At about 11:35 a.m., police arrested McKee on a charge of sexual battery and Dyal on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.

After his arrest, McKee denied assaulting the woman, telling police he simply took her to the motel room and gave her beer, according to the report.

Authorities took them to the Alachua County Jail where they remain, as of press time, in lieu of a $275,000 bond for McKee and a $10,000 bond for Dyal.

mkornfield@alligator.org

@merylkornfield