After a failed attempt to persuade Florida electors to cast their ballots against Donald Trump on Monday, a dedicated group of Gainesville residents does not plan to give up on its goal of resisting the president elect’s incoming administration.

The Gainesville City of Resistance, a group formed through social media and in mutual disagreement with Trump’s policies, held a press conference, and members of the organization talked about plans to continue organizing against Trump’s presidency. Despite efforts made, Florida’s 29 electors voted for Trump, who would amass the necessary 270 votes nationwide to become the president, pending his Jan. 20 inauguration.

Diana Moreno, one of GCOR’s organizers and the UF program coordinator for Hispanic-Latino Affairs, said the organization will continue to fight against the incoming administration’s agenda, in part by organizing a counter-inauguration demonstration in January and working with immigrant-rights organizations to stop Trump’s plans to deport millions of immigrants nationwide.

“I’m feeling honestly just scared and saddened by the way that the Electoral College went about their decision,” she said. “But we had no illusions that our press conference or any actions that we would have were going to change the decision.”

She said another one of GCOR’s goals is to get individuals to sign its Freedom from Fear Pledge, which shows a commitment to building an inclusive and welcoming world.

Gainesville Mayor Lauren Poe was the first person to sign the pledge.

Poe said he signed the pledge because he agreed with the principles and values it contained.

“Your local government is the place where you can have the most impact and create the greatest change,” he said.

Poe said although Trump was not who he voted for, he still believes in the voting process.

“We’ll keep an eye on everything he’s doing, and if there are things that I disagree with, I will let that be known,” he said. “But he will be my president once he’s sworn in on January 20.”

Moreno said although the presidency is a great disappointment to the nation, people need to continue to organize and speak out, adding Trump’s election did not happen by accident.